I would like to first take a second to thank the person who nominated me for the Liebster Award: Jackie Karlic of The Non Martha Momma. She is
Blogger Award: The Leibster Award
These awards are a lot of fun and you get to meet and learn so much from all of your blogger friends!
In order for me to win this award, there are several things I must do. Here is a list of the rules:
1. List 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs!!
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. Between the years of 1999 and 2013 I moved a total of 15 times.
2. My college degree and my job have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
3. My husband and I got married exactly 1 month before our 10 year 'dating' anniversary.
4. I recently started a Zumba class 2 nites a week and I LOVE it, I wish she had it every night... it is seriously that much fun!
5. I still sleep with a blanket that I've had since childhood, much to my husband's dismay. I know it's weird, but I seriously can't fall asleep without it.
6. I am obsessed with reading and books of all kinds... I get totally wrapped up and absorbed in the story and I'll freely admit I get a little depressed when I finish a particularly good book or series and miss the characters like they are real people that I actually know. I have to read every day and I don't go anywhere without my Kindle!
7. The only movies I've seen recently have been movies based on books I've read. I'm usually disappointed.
8. I am definitely NOT a morning person... I have such a hard time getting up in the mornings that I am late for work pretty much every day, and almost always late for church on Sunday. I know, it's horrible!
9. I love the smell of freshly cut grass in the summer and woodsmoke in the winter.
10. I like to watch TV shows way better than movies.
11. I love to travel. My husband and I purchased a vintage Shasta camper from the 1960's and hope to renovate it so we can travel around the country. It's my dream to visit all 50 states.
MY ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS FROM JACKIE THE NON MARTHA MOMMA:
1. Last movie you saw in the theater? Beautiful Creatures Did you like it? Um, no. (see random fact # 7) I was disappointed. Very disappointed. Like it was really, horribly, terrible. I don't know why they bother to make a movie based on a book when they practically make up a whole new story anyway. Ugh!
2. When and why did you start blogging? I started blogging in the summer of 2012 because my husband and I bought a house and I wanted to chronicle our renovations... and because all the other girls I work with started blogs so I guess it was partly peer pressure :o)
3. Do you have any pets, how many, what type, their names? I have 3 pets that don't actually live with me. They all started out as my pets, but after moving so many times, they ended up with my parents and parents-in-law where I figure they're more happy. I have a Jack Russell terrier named Molly who lives with my mom and dad, a big sweet mutt named Drake who lives with my mother and father-in-law, and another Jack Russell terrier named Annie. We came home one day to find that she had been dropped off at our house and tied to the fence post, in the rain, looking pitiful, so we named her after little orphan Annie. Even though they don't live with us, I still consider them my pets. :o)
4. Favorite type of food? Anything homecooked by my mom, mother-in-law, or Grandma. And Cheese Doodles.
5. Book you are reading right now or most recent book read? I am currently reading Beautiful Darkness, the 2nd book in the 'Beautiful Creatures' series.
6. Year you graduated high school? 1999
7. What kind of car do you drive? A really old Mustang that I've had since 1999... which I'm currently looking to sell... any takers?? :o)
8. Do you believe in ghosts/spirits? I believe there are things out there that I'll never hope to understand and that should probably be left alone... I've personally never seen a ghost, but I won't discount the possibility.
9. Oreos: do you like the cookie better or the cream? do you dunk in milk? I like to take my Oreos apart and eat the cookie side, then lick off the cream... I like the cream the best, and I do not dunk in milk... soggy cookies, blech!
10. Favorite subject in high school? Art and Fundamentals of Technology Least favorite subject in high school? Algebra and History
11. If you were a crayon what color would you be and why? Magenta. Because it's an awesome dark pink/fuchsia color and because it was one of the first colors I learned to spell when I was a kid. I thought I was hot stuff because I could spell "Magenta". See? It just sounds pretty! :o)
11 QUESTIONS TO MY NOMINEES:
1. What is your all time favorite TV show?
2. What is the worst job you've ever had?
3. What is the messiest room in your house?
4. Do you play any musical instruments?
5. What book are you reading right now or what's the most recent book you've read? Is it/was it any good?
6. Are you a cat or a dog person?
7. If you won the lottery, what are the first 5 things you would do with your winnings?
8. What's the best vacation you've ever been on?
9. What's your biggest pet peeve?
10. If money was no object, and you could do anything for a living just for pure enjoyment, what would you do?
11. What's your specialty...i.e. what's the best dish or meal that you make? (Feel free to share your recipe) :o)
MY 11 NOMINEES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
1. Kami from What Gabby Wore Today
2. Diana from Sassafras
3. Kelly from Journeys and Journals
4. Everyday Gourmet
5. Country Charisma
6. Asher at Thrifty Little Pretties
7. Nate & Emma at Broke Ass Home
8. Kristi at Life With 3D
9. 8)(8 at Butterfly & Bungalow
10. Becca at Keep Guessing
11. Aki at Minted Strawberry
Congrats girls, now it's your turn to respond (if you choose to). Thank you again Jackie for nominating me!
xo, Misty :o)