You saw a sneak-peek of the finished product in my previous post. This project was super easy and didn't take long at all. All you need are some mousetraps, spray paint, a pair of pliers, and some craft paint and you're pretty much set.
I took a 4 pack of mousetraps and removed the mouse-killing hardware with a pair of pliers, leaving only the spring-loaded clip at the bottom.
Then I spray-painted them with some oil rubbed bronze spray paint.
(The "Victor" impression is a lot less noticeable in person than it is in these photos.)
Then, I used some craft paint to paint numbers on each one.
I got some vintage coral prints offline and mounted them on some thicker craft paper to mount inside the clips. By a stroke of luck, the print numbers actually match up with the numbers on the mousetraps.
Once the paint was dry, I had Daniel nail them to my door and then simply slid the artwork under the clips.
I think this would look better with larger prints or more of them. Because my door was so large, the scale seems a bit off to me. But these will work until I find the perfect size prints.
So easy and such a creative use for an everyday item!
Post a Comment